Football Season Starts Strong

The+football+team+gets+ready+for+the+game+while+prepping+the+zoo+for+loud+cheering.+

photo by Reza Marvashti

The football team gets ready for the game while prepping the zoo for loud cheering.

Tayte Mills, Staff Reporter

After a very disappointing 2018 Fauquier High School football season, coach Joe Prince stepped down from the position of head football coach. Very shorty after, Fauquier hired Karl Buckwalter in an attempt to turn the program around. After the first two games of the season, it’s appearing that the hire was strong.

The 2019 football season for the FHS football began on Thursday, August 29, against the Loudoun County Raiders. The defense played well throughout the game. However, the offense had two early game fumbles that resulted in touchdowns for the Raiders. The defense kept the Falcons in the game for a bit, but the Falcon offense wasn’t able to add any points on the board, which resulted in the Raiders winning by a score of 31-0.

On Friday, September 6, Fauquier went toe-to-toe with the Brentsville Tigers for the season home opener. The Falcon offense exploded in the first half, scoring 18 points. Fauquier defense played great, Brentsville wasn’t able to get an offensive drive going. At the half, the score was 18-0 Fauquier. The second half picked up right where the first half let off. With the Falcon defense shutting down the Tiger offense, while turnovers kept giving the Fauquier offense great field position to continue their dominant offensive game. With that, the final score of the game was 32-0 Falcons.

With the win over Brentsville, Fauquier ends a 13 game losing streak, and gets the Fauquier High School win percentage to .500. Also, the team proved that this is a totally different team from last year, and is looking to completely turn around the program going forward.