Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese: senior Mackenzie Hurley
ground black pepper
half and half
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 325℉ and lightly grease a square baking dish.
2. Slightly undercook the noodles (about 1 minute under al-dente).
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
5. Blend in the flour, salt, and pepper.
6. Cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in milk and half and half, stirring constantly.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Add 1 c. shredded cheese to the sauce and stir just until melted.
10. Add the cooked macaroni noodles and toss to coat them in the sauce.
11. Pour half or the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish.
12. Sprinkle 1/2 c. cheese over the top.
13. Pour remaining pasta over it and sprinkle with remaining cheese.