Virginia Department of Health Reports First Confirmed COVID-19 Case in Fauquier County

March 25, 2020

Fauquier County resident tests positive for COVID-19, announced the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) in a press release on Wednesday, March 25, making it the first case in Fauquier. 

Dr. Wade Kartchner, Rappahannock-Rapidan Health District health director, stated that the 20-year-old man is currently being treated as an outpatient and was asked to self-isolate. Those who came into contact with the patient are being contacted as well and asked to go into a 14-day quarantine. 

Further details about the case and COVID-19 can be found in the Virginia Department of Health press release.

As of March 25, four neighboring counties to Fauquier have confirmed cases including 2 in Culpepper, 6 in Stafford, 20 in Loudoun and 32 in Prince William, according to the VDH. Fairfax, not far from Fauquier County, contains the most cases, totaled at 76. Virginia overall has 391 cases along with 5,370 being tested, 59 hospitalizations and 9 deaths. Further statistics and additional information can be found on the VDH website.

Donate to The Falconer

Thanks for reading The Falconer. We're happy to provide you with award-winning student journalism since 1963, free from bias, conflicts of interest, and paywalls. We're able to continue with the generous support of our local community. If you're able, please consider making a donation. Any amount is incredibly helpful and allows us to pursue new and exciting opportunities.

About the Writer
Photo of Rachel Singleton
Rachel Singleton, Editor-in-Chief

Hello! My name is Rachel Singleton, and I am a senior at FHS. I have been part of journalism all four of my high school years and have held an editor position...

The Falconer • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Falconer