Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole – junior Bindi Patel
3 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes.
½ c. brown sugar packed
⅓ c. butter softened
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¾ c. pecans chopped, divided
¼ tsp. cinnamon or to taste
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
3. Place sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
5. In a large bowl (or in the pot the potatoes were cooked in), mash the sweet potatoes with brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt & pepper.
6. Fold in half of the pecans and spread into the prepared pan.
7. Sprinkle with the marshmallows and the remaining pecans.
8. Bake for 25 min. or until marshmallows are golden brown and potatoes are heated through.