Natasha Gutierrez

Looking up for a quick photo, Lantz is busy preparing students for their future math classes.

Rosanna Lantz

Behind every math mastermind is a mentor coaching them along the way. Striving to be like a mentor of hers, Rosanna Lantz has worked “to take the time to explain the math and show multiple ways so students could understand. There are lots of ways to solve math problems,” said Lantz. “Let’s find the one that works for you.” Teaching Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Probability and Statistics and Computer Math throughout a seven year period, Lantz is retiring this year.
Lantz graduated from West Virginia University and Shenandoah University. Before coming to Fauquier County in 2005, Lantz taught at Johnson-William Middle School in Berryville, Virginia in 2000. Then she taught at Marshall Middle School before making her way to FHS when her son was a freshman in 2009. She left in 2013 when her husband started a new job in Albemarle County and worked at Monticello High School before returning to FHS in 2018.
For Lantz one of her greatest memories is working with a student who “struggled and was often in trouble. I would help them with their geometry,” said Lantz. This student attended Southeastern for their senior year but came to Lantz’s room on graduation rehearsal day to share that they would walk at graduation. “I was so honored that this student shared this special moment with me. This is what teaching is all about. Making a difference and encouraging a student even though you don’t realize you are doing so,” said Lantz.
Outside of school, Lantz enjoys gardening, hiking and painting. She is retiring a year before her husband to ensure a smooth transition to their new home in West Virginia. She will miss the friendships she’s created here. “FHS is a family. The students, administration and staff have always made coming to work each day a pleasure,” said Lantz. “I have always been supported by my colleagues. When I have had a bad day, the students are always there to make me laugh and boost my spirit. FHS is home.”

The Falconer • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Falconer

All Comments (0)

COMMENTS MUST BE MANUALLY APPROVED BY STAFF BEFORE THEY BECOME VISIBLE. Please remember to follow our comment policy when posting.
Viewing All Approved Comments Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *