Closed Until April 13

Catherine Smith, Advertising Manager & Social Media Director

All Fauquier County Public Schools (FCPS) will remain closed until April 13. In Superintendent David Jeck’s statement release, he announced that, in response to increasing coronavirus cases in Fauquier County, all school activities, school buildings and administrative offices have been closed to the public.
“We have to do all that we can do as a school system and school community to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, so these extraordinary steps are necessary,” said Jeck in his announcement.
At this time, meals will continue to be provided through FISH and the FCPS Nutrition Department. FCPS will be providing information about students who do not get meals through FISH later.
Jeck is responding to all concerns via Twitter. At this time, he is unsure if the state will waive this time off; however, graduation dates have not changed, and there is no plan to extend instruction into summer.
Seniors in need of one Standard of Learning (SOL) credit will still graduate on time, and all SOLs are canceled per state recommendation.
The College Board has released an update about COVID-19 and Advanced Placement (AP) student options. They are releasing streamlined exam options to test at home depending on what is happening in May. This would allow AP students to earn the needed credits. Additional resources are being released including free online AP lessons and review sessions with top AP teachers in the country through phones and other devices.
At this time, Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) and FCPS are discussing the policy for Dual Enrolled (DE) students.
Teachers and coaches such as theater teacher Emmett Bales and Track and Field Coach Quentin Jones are reaching out to students to share the sad news. Jones is concerned for his seniors and how they will end the year. He also stated he would like students to continue training and staying up to date on assignments.
FCPS would like everyone to stay informed with the most recent information at https://www.fcps1.org/covid19.