Field Hockey Wraps Up Season

Stefanie Fisher

The seniors gather together before they go on to play their senior night game against George Mason High School on the Falcon Field.

Lauren Lasher, Staff Reporter

Varsity and Junior Varsity field hockey wrapped up the season with senior night at the falcon field on October 14. JV had an eight game winning streak with two game ties in a row. Varsity won nine games throughout the season.

Stacey Irvin who coached the JV’s last game against Liberty said, “I have loved watching the JV team improve from the first week of conditioning to the last game against Liberty.” It was a very good season for both JV and Varsity with the bonding of the team and the good memories. According to Irvin the team is like a family. “I think what was even more special was to watch how they continually lifted one another up and were proud of the success of their teammates,” Irvin said.

Varsity started the season with a four game winning streak, as the season went on they lost some games but came back and won five more. Brooke Settle, varsity team coach said, “This has been a really tough season. We lost a lot of key seniors last year, and we’ve been struggling with keeping everyone healthy.” The varsity team has had many injuries like concussions, a sprained ankle, and a fractured foot. Even with all of the absences, Settle had a positive outlook on the upcoming games for varsity and JV.

On senior night, varsity and JV played George Mason High School. Settle said, “The girls had an amazing game against Mason. You could feel the energy in the air. You could tell it was senior night and the girls really wanted it.” Before the Varsity game started the JV and Varsity teams said goodbye to the seniors who were part of the field hockey family.