FHS Appreciating History

Rachel Singleton, News Editor

at Fauquier High School. This spring semester, the main lobby will take students through time with a bright yellow timeline that spans from 1000 B.C.E to today. Students go down to the lobby and learn as well as contribute to the timeline. The events placed on the timeline are color coded based on the study they fall under.

English and literature are gray, math is red, history is blue, art and music are purple, sports are orange, technology is tan, science is green and foreign languages are pink. Science teacher, George Murphy is the originator and planner of this project and said that he had been thinking about doing it for several years. “Initially, for AP Biology, we do a timeline like this for DNA,” said Murphy, “But I’ve always had an interest in something more cross-curricular.” After coming up with the plan, he put his idea into motion, placing the timeline with the help of the AP Biology students for all the school to see. Many teachers have already begun taking their students down to the timeline such as Dr. Croft with her anatomy and physiology class, agriculture, physical education, and many others. Murphy is very happy with this new addition to the school and says “it can involve the whole school: It’s really cool and just to see how everything we study in school is related in some way.” The timeline will stay up until the end of May, and Murphy hopes to continue putting it up every semester.