October Lockdown at FHS

Provided by the Warrenton Police Department

Warrentown PD released this announcement to residents in a 300 block radius of Jackson Street.

FHS Falconer Staff

UPDATED VERSION (October 6, 4:30 p.m.):

Principal Kraig Kelican announced on the intercom at approximately 3:18 p.m. today, October 6, stating the school will enter a lockdown, and it is not a drill. Kelican told students to enter the nearest classroom and teachers to lock their doors. At 3:53 p.m., teachers and students were cleared to exit the lockdown.  

The Warrenton Police Department (PD) was investigating a suspicious death in the area of 300 block of Jackson Street. They asked all citizens to shelter in place until advised further and to call 911 if anyone sees suspicious activity. This lockdown was lifted around 4 p.m. for surrounding areas and school zones. Warrenton PD added to expect police activity and call 540-347-3300 if anyone has any information. 

[Original Story] Principal Kraig Kelican announced on the intercom at approximately 3:18 p.m. today stating the school will enter a lockdown, and it is not a drill. Kelican told students to enter the nearest classroom and teachers to lock their doors. At 3:53 p.m., teachers and students were cleared to exit the lockdown.  

The Warrenton Police Department is investigating a suspicious death in the area of 300 block of Jackson Street. They asked all citizens to shelter in place until they can advise further and to call 911 if anyone sees suspicious activity. Warrenton PD added to expect police activity and call 540-347-3300 if anyone has any information.