FHS COVID-19 Cases Continue to be Reported

made by Rachel Singleton

At FHS COVID-19 continue to be reported.

The FCPS1 COVID-19 Dashboard reports that FHS has 10 confirmed positive COVID-19 cases. It was last updated on January 15. However, on January 25, an email was sent out to FHS parents that a “Fauquier staff member tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).” This happened again on January 27 and 29, each with their own respective case. On February 2, an email was sent out notifying families of another two student cases. On February 5 and 8, emails were sent out about student cases. On February 16, a staff member tested positive. On February 23, two students tested positive. Including the COVID-19 dashboard and the emails, FHS has had a total of 20 reported positive cases since the beginning of the current school year.
In a meeting with the Falconer on January 27, Principal Kraig Kelican said the positive cases they know of “are the ones that have actually called and reported to us, or the ones that have been to the doctor, and it has been reported to the [Virginia] Health Department, and they let us know.”
Kettle Run High School is the only other school that comes close to double-digit numbers, with 7 cases, according to the last updated dashboard record. Fauquier County Public Schools (FCPS) stated that “all building cleaning protocols have been followed, and all affected areas have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.”