National Eating Disorder Week

The National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) is a non-profit organization that strives to educate and prevent eating disorders among people. 
Hotline: 1-800-931-2237

made in Canva by Drew Kolb

The National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) is a non-profit organization that strives to educate and prevent eating disorders among people. Hotline: 1-800-931-2237

National Eating Disorder Awareness Week is February 22-28. It is a time to spread awareness about the topic and educate others. Supporters are sharing positive messages and videos on social media, encouraging and uplifting those who are struggling.
Eating disorders go beyond the food aspect itself, it is a mentality of restriction and binging that affects the body’s organs, social and family environments, self-esteem and mental health by creating an unhealthy body image. When students struggle with the various side effects of an eating disorder, it challenges their ability to learn, create lifelong relationships and memories.
Eating disorders among students are very common. Statistics from The Recovery Village show that around 11 percent of high school students get diagnosed with an eating disorder. That is only the percentage of people who are diagnosed, there are millions of others who struggle in secret.
If you or someone you know is struggling, know that you are not alone and that it’s not too late to get the help you need. The National Eating Disorder Association provides the following resources:
National Helpline: 1 (800)-931-2237
Online Chat: WWW.MYNEDA.ORG
Crisis Text: text ‘NEDA’ to 741741